RASEP was established in 2015 to be a leading independent power producer (IPP) contributing to the development of the energy infrastructure in Iraq.
RASEP develops, invests, and operates a diversified portfolio of projects in the energy sectors, including electrical power generation, transmission, and distribution, oil & gas, and fuel treatment.
- Oil & Gas (upstream, mid-stream, and down-stream)
- Electrical Power Generation (conventional power plants and renewable energy)
RASEP’s main projects include the following:
- Maisan Combined Cycle Power Plant (MCCPP): a 960 MW combined cycle power plant located in Maisan province, Iraq. The project was developed by Maisan Power Company (MPC), a project company owned by RASEP, pursuant to a long-term power purchase contract with the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity with a total investment value of USD 1 Billion. The construction of the project began in 2019, and MCCPP began operations in June 2022, generating electrical power and dispatching it to the Iraqi national grid.
- Amara Combined Cycle Power Plant (ACCPP): a 750 MW combined cycle power plant located in Maisan province, Iraq. The project was developed by Amara Power Company (APC), a project company owned by RASEP, pursuant to a long-term power purchase contract with the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity with a total investment value of USD 500 The construction of the project began in 2019.
- Buzurgan Pipeline Project: In May 2022, MPC entered into a contract with the Oil Pipeline Company (a subsidiary of the Iraqi Oil Ministry) for the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning – on a turn-key basis – of (a) (i) a 70 MMSCFD gas compression unit (GCU) in the Buzurgan oilfield, (ii) a 200 MMSCFD gas treatment unit (GTU) in Halfaya oilfield for the sweetening, dehydration and dew point controlling of sour gas, and (iii) a 18” (70 km) sour gas pipeline connecting the GCU and GTU. The project is on a fast-track with a challenging execution timeline of 15 months.
- Raban Al-Safina Ethos Energy Repairshop (RASEE): an integrated repair shop for the maintenance of the gas turbine spare parts. The repair shop is being constructed and operated in partnership with Ethos Energy with an investment value of USD 50 million. The workshop is the first of its kind in Iraq and contributes to the transfer of know-how and expertise from a reputable international company, as well as contributing to improving the energy sector by shortening the maintenance cycle and reducing costs.
- Fuel Treatment: Utilizing Pentol’s specialized technologies in fuel treatment for the purpose of increasing operating efficiency of Al-Zubaidiya Power Plant in Wasit; by reducing the fuel consumption and reducing maintenance periods and accordingly increasing availability and power
- We generate 1500 MW to the Iraqi National Grid
- Treatment and transmission of 200 MMSCFD of Sour Gas
- We employee 500 local experts and professionals
- The value of investments is approximately USD 2 billion
Siemens Energy, Novargi, Pentol
- ASME U, U2, R, and S
+964 780 822 2220
Building 27, Street 28, District 913, AI Jadiriyia, Baghdad, Iraq